Watera International


Thanks to its long experience and extensive know-how, built over its more than 50 year history, Watera is uniquely well positioned to satisfy even the most demanding water treatment requirements. To this purpose Watera applies innovative water treatment technologies and develops products, systems and solutions that cover numerous applications that meet its clients’ needs in the most cost-effective and efficient way.

  • Filtration
  • Reverse Osmosis
  • Ultrafiltration
  • Electrodeionization (EDI)
  • Containerized Units
  • Deionization
  • UV irradiation
  • Water recycling
  • Softening


Over it’s more than 50 years in the water treatment field, the Watera International Group has supplied state-of-the-art water treatment systems and has provided advanced water treatment solutions to numerous clients. Besides designing and developing water treatment systems utilizing state-of-the-art 3-D software tools, the group applies a vertically integrated manufacturing approach that aims towards ensuring that lead times are minimized while at the same time product quality is strictly controlled.  Within this context all products are fully tested prior to leaving the factory.

The Watera Group manufacturing operation has been certified to ISO’s management system standards in order to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. More precisely it has been certified to ISO 9001:2008 standards for its quality management system, ISO 14001:2004 standards for its environmental management system and ISO 1801:2008 standards for its health and safety management system.  Watera also applies the CE mark on all of its products as well as the Medical CE mark on products designed and manufactured for use in demanding medical applications.

A specialized installation team of technicians led by qualified engineers ensures the timely and efficient installation and commissioning of water treatment systems supplied by Watera companies. The after sales department of each Watera company ensures the long-term operation of the equipment supplied at required performance levels. This is achieved by the well-trained and experienced technicians and engineers and an abundance of spare parts.

Indicative of Watera’s size and long term record of success is the total installed capacity of Reverse Osmosis desalination plants which exceeds 150.000 m3/day (39.6 million US g/day). Of this, almost 40% is for seawater and the remaining 60% for high brackish and brackish water. The total installed capacity of filtration plants is in excess of 350.000 m3/day (92.6 million US g/day).

Watera’ systems are characterized by their advanced, robust and highly energy efficient design, and the incorporation of specialized state-of-the-art know-how, particularly with respect to the proprietary PLC-based automation software which allows for remote monitoring and control of all critical parameters of each water treatment system

  • Brochures